FAA Bill of Sale

Even though a typical aircraft transaction involves lengthy contracts and agreements, there is actually just one single piece of paper required to transfer the ownership of an aircraft from one party to another. That is the FAA Bill of Sale also known as form 8050-2 

Even if the transaction is being handled by an aviation title company, and we do recommend that all aircraft transfers be handled by a title company, the seller will have to sign an original Bill of Sale to be sent to the title company to file with the FAA.